Please use our index to browse sites by location name.
Filter by site name:
Showing sites beginning with: Y (show all).
Page 1 of 1
Yanworth lies high on the Cotswolds about nine miles SE of Cheltenham. The village is in a secluded position some way above the River Coln ...
A simple church of nave and chancel in one. The church was largely rebuilt 1777-8. The earlier fabric is rag-stone, repairs in brick in the ...
The nave of Yapton church has aisles with early 13thc. arcades, with stiff-leaf and crocket capitals. There is a tower at the W end of ...
St Andrew's has a four-bay aisled and clerestoreyed nave with arcades ofc.1300, the N stylistically later than the S. At the W end the tower ...
Yarkhill is 6 miles E of the centre of Hereford, and lies on the river Frome. The compact little village is on rising ground on ...
Only five miles N of Oxford, Yarnton is outside the city in a quiet rural situation. St Bartholomew’s was originally a small Romanesque church of ...
Yatesbury is a village about 8 miles NW of Marlborough. The church, built of chalk and freestone, lies to the W of the village and consists ...
Yatton is a small village in the SW of the county, 6 miles NE of Ross-on-Wye. The chapel, now in the care of the Churches ...
A small church of nave and chancel situated close to a bridge over the river Derwent, which is the boundary of the East Riding with ...
Holy Cross has an aisled nave with Perpendicular clerestoreys, the S aisle wider than the N. The N arcade is of c.1180-90 and the S ...
Yetminster is a village about four miles SW of of Sherborne on the River Wriggle. The church lies to the S of the village, but the late 12thc ...
Youlgreave is a village about 12 miles from Buxton on the River Bradford. The church lies to the of the village and consists of an ashlar ...
Yoxall was built along the river Swarbourn, which runs from N to S here. It was on the edge of the Needwood Forest, which was ...
Maintained by King's Digital Lab
© 2019 The Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland