The 12thc. font, formerly in the ruined 13thc. church at Ballybacon, was removed in 1975 to this new Roman Catholic parish church.
|d. of basin||0.56 m|
|d. of basin, interior||0.21 m|
|h. of basin||0.32 m|
|h. of decorated panels, front and rear||0.28 m|
|h. of decorated panels, sides||0.28 m|
|w. of basin||0.58 m|
|w. of decorated panels, front and rear||0.51 m|
|w. of decorated panels, sides||0.47 m|
|w. of rim||0.065 m|
R. R. Brash, The Ecclesiastical Architecture of Ireland , Dublin, 1875, 139, pl.XLVI.
M. Cahill and E. Twohig, Baptismal Font from Ballybacon Old Church, Co. Tipperary , Journal of the Cork Archaeological and Historical Society , 81, 1976, 92-3, fig.1.
J. Pike, Medieval Fonts of Ireland, privately published, Greystones, 1979, 9.
P. Power, Waterford and Lismore - A Compendious History of the United Dioceses, Cork, 1937, 71.