The coursed rubble and ashlar church consists of nave, chancel, S porch and W bell turret. It was completely rebuilt in 1851 by William Rundle, and Historic England notes that there were also early 20thc. alterations to the chancel. The only 12thc. feature is the font.
Virginstow is not mentioned in DS.
|diam.||0.68 m (internal diam. 0.57 m)|
|h. of base||0.23 m approx.|
|total h.||0 .63 m|
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, The Buildings of England: Devon, 2nd ed. 1999, 886.